Court Reporting Immersion Program Details and Requirements
MacCormac College will offer substantial financial support to matriculated students in this program. All incoming students are guaranteed two consecutive academic years of support, which includes a full-tuition benefit.
- Students will be required to pay for their residential lease, books/materials, and steno machine. Should a student qualify for financial aid, it could cover most, if not all, of these expenses.
- All promises of student support are subject to students making satisfactory academic progress which includes:
- Maintain a 3.0 minimum overall GPA each semester.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA in the major each semester.
- Pass each speed level, the first-time, from start through 160 words/minute.
Students must live on campus and be committed full-time to the program.
Several courses outside of the court reporting major will be accelerated.
Requirements for Application:
- Preferred - Transcripts showing an overall 3.0 GPA during high school and any completed post-secondary academic work.
- Current resume and/or curriculum vitae.
- Three letters of recommendation:
- Two required letters from a current or former teacher and/or employer.
- One preferred letter from a current or former court reporter.
- A Statement of Purpose is required. There are three questions to be answered individually:
- We want to know who you are. Tell us about you. (Maximum 800 words)
- What are your goals and objectives and how does your matriculation in our program help you to accomplish them? (Maximum 350 words)
- Describe the greatest challenge that you’ve experienced and share the steps that you have taken to overcome this challenge? (Maximum 350 words)
- Pass a keyboarding speed test of 50 words/minute administered by MacCormac College.
- Interview with a member(s) of the MacCormac College Screening Committee.
- Complete the Accuplacer Placement exams in Math, English, and Computer.
- Pay a non-refundable $100 application fee for the program.
- Applications will be available for submission on February 1, 2021 – May 1, 2021.
Please carefully read over the details and requirements of the Court Reporting Immersion Program. If you have any questions or concerns please contact us at MCElite@maccormac.edu.