Veterans Educational Benefits
MacCormac College is honored to serve Veterans active-duty members of the United States military and their dependents. We invite you to explore your Federal Veterans Affairs (VA) Educational Benefits programs to help fund your educational pursuits at MacCormac. MacCormac College's Financial Aid Department coordinates the processing of your Federal VA Educational Benefits. Our Financial Aid office representatives are available to assist you with any questions you may have regarding your VA Educational Benefits or traditional financial aid programs.
If you are a veteran of U.S. military service, an active-duty member of the military, or an eligible dependent, you may be eligible for Veterans Affairs Education Benefits. For more detailed information, visit the Veterans Affairs website or contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33) - for those who served at least 30 consecutive days on active duty after September 10, 2001
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill® Yellow-Ribbon program for qualified Post-911 applicants
- The Montgomery GI Bill® – Active Duty (Chapter 30) - for those who enlisted after 7/1/1985
- The Montgomery GI Bill® – Selective Reserve (Chapter 1606)
- The Montgomery GI Bill® – Reservist Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607)
- The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35) - for the spouse and children of deceased or disabled veterans
- The Marine Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship – this additional provision of the Post-9/11 GI Bill® may be awarded to children of an active duty member of the Armed Forces, who has died in the line of duty, on or after September 11, 2001. Eligible children, may be married and under the age of 33.
If you are not sure for which educational benefits you qualify, contact the Veterans Affairs regional office in St. Louis at (888) 442-4551; follow the telephone prompts and you will be connected with a counselor. You also may request information through the Veterans Affairs website.
Please note: The Illinois Veteran's Grant (IVG) is not available for students at MacCormac. The IVG is only available to students attending Illinois public universities.
GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
How Do I Apply?
To use any VA benefit program, you must first complete the VA's application (VONapp) for benefits which can be found on the Veterans Affairs website. Once you have completed your Veterans Affairs educational benefit application forms, Veterans Affairs will send you a Certificate of Eligibility for your Veterans Affairs educational program. You should submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility and a copy of your DD214 to our Financial Aid Offices. If you have general questions about VA Educational Benefits at MacCormac, please contact the Director of Financial Aid Jamieta Hoskins.