You are here
Steps to Apply for Financial Aid
1) Create an FSA ID account here.
An FSA ID gives you access to Federal Student Aid’s online systems and can serve as your legal signature. You will use this same FSA User ID for all of your federal and state related financial aid documents.
2) Complete your FAFSA application here.
FAFSA is the Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Your FAFSA information will be used to determine eligibility and awards for financial aid. If you need assistance completing your FAFSA contact the financial aid office or consult this guide.
MacCormac School Code: 001716
3) Review your Student Aid Report (SAR)
Approximately two days after you submit your FAFSA application you should receive an “email verification” that will allow you to view and download your SAR report. Review the information. The Financial Aid Office can help you make any necessary changes electronically or you may change the information yourself using your FSA User ID (from Step One).
4) Complete your Entrance Counseling Quiz and Master Promissory Note here.
Please note you will need to log in using your FSA User ID (from Step 1). Once you have logged into the site, please be sure to complete:
- Direct Loans Master Promissory note (you will need to have the contact information on hand for three references who do not reside in your household)
- Entrance Counseling Quiz (Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized)
5) Contact the Financial Aid Office
Contact the Director of Financial Aid, Jamieta Hoskins to ensure that your file is complete.
6) Receive a Notification of Eligibility
Once your application and documents are complete you will receive a notification of your financial aid eligibility.