Business Administration Online Classes
Hear From The online Business Administration Program Director!
Business Administration Mission Statement:
The mission of the Business Administration Associate of Science degree program is to educate students in the fundamental concepts, techniques and skills necessary to excel in various business-related fields.
Business Administration Vision Statement:
To create a learning environment in which students understand the fundamentals of ethical business practices and behaviors to help them succeed in the 21st century global business environment.
Business Administration Goals:
MacCormac’s online Business Administration Associate Degree Program will ensure that students are well rounded, well educated, and well prepared for the 21st century world of business. To that end, the course of study will:
- Provide students with a broad-based overview of the key concepts, tools, strategies and techniques necessary to support/enhance students’ employability in a for-profit or not- for-profit business venture.
- Provide the basic tools to move on to a four-year college or university.
- Explore the latest concepts and practices in management and global economics.
- Broaden student understanding of current and future economic trends and their impact on the business climate in the U.S. and across the globe.
- Build basic skills, knowledge and understanding of business accounting, finance, technology, human resource management and marketing.
- Integrate traditional classroom education, best practices and experiential learning to enhance student knowledge and understanding.
Learning Outcomes For Business Administration online Classes:
- Communicate effectively in business environments
- Utilize relevant business software and online business resources
- Review the relevance of social media within the business context
- Analyze internal and external business reports including basic financial statements
- Identify, analyze and evaluate common and competing interests of business stakeholders including customers, suppliers, business owners, investors and global markets
- Gain an understanding of the ethical challenges related to business and management through the study of effective strategies for resolving these issues.
Industry Recognized Business Administration Certifications:
- Associate Professional in Human Resources (aPHR)
- Certified Administrative Professional (CAP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Certified Customer Service Manager (CCSM)
Online Business Adminsitration Program Director:
Ms. Alexander has a Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with concentrations in Entrepreneurship and Strategic Planning; and an undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering both degrees from the University of Illinois at Chicago. Beginning in 2002 she has worked as an instructor at several institutions including Kennedy-King College, Westwood College, Olive-Harvey College and the Joseph Business School.
Ms. Alexander was also the Chief of Staff to an Illinois State Representative for six years; and separately a Government and Community Affairs specialist for five years. Ms. Alexander is a life-long Chicagoan who brings her experience and relationships to MacCormac College to help further the institution’s goals.