About MacCormac College
MacCormac College: Chicago’s Hidden Gem
MacCormac College, located in downtown Chicago, has a distinguished history and an exciting future. Founded in 1904, MacCormac College has been committed to providing its diverse student population with an exceptional education, while building students’ self-confidence and encouraging lifelong learning. We are conveniently located on the second floor of the historic Heyworth Building, just steps away from Millennium Park and excellent transport links.
MacCormac College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and holds numerous program approvals by certified national agencies. As the oldest, two-year, private, nonprofit institution in Illinois, MacCormac College offers associate degree programs in Chicago in court reporting, criminal justice, business administration (in addition to a completely online business administration program) and paralegal studies. In all programs of study, students receive a comprehensive, practical education unparalleled by any other two-year college.
In addition, MacCormac College is proud to have established the nation’s first court reporting program in 1912, and Illinois’ first paralegal studies program in 1973.
In all programs of study, students receive a comprehensive, practical education unparalleled by any other two-year college.
MacCormac College supports and promotes its diverse student population by building students’ self-confidence, encouraging life-long learning, and teaching the skills necessary to excel in our ever-changing, complex society. Our mission is to challenge students to excel in their academic and career pursuits, and prepare them to be lifelong learners and responsible citizens in a globalized world.
What Sets MacCormac College Apart From Other Schools?
Of course, there are other institutions offering court reporting, criminal justice, business administration and paralegal studies programs in Chicago. However, don’t make the mistake of thinking all colleges or programs are equal. MacCormac College has earned a reputation for excellence, and for its commitment to fostering success both in the classroom and beyond.
Several differentiators set MacCormac College apart:
- Learn when it’s convenient for you. We offer daytime, evening and online classes designed to fit into even the busiest student’s schedule. We also know that while some students are able to pursue their degrees on a full-time basis, others want part-time options that will help them achieve their goals at just the right pace for them. We offer both full-time and part-time options.
- Affordable tuition. MacCormac College believes money should not be a barrier to achieving educational dreams. That’s why we offer affordable degree programs and courses, and we’ve been recognized by “Tuition Hero” for our efforts.
- Support during your academic career. Our academic support services assist students with everything from help with determining what courses to take to career services.
- Support for whatever comes next. Whether you choose to pursue a four-year degree after earning your associate degree or join the workforce in your chosen field, MacCormac College can help. We have articulation agreements with many nearby four-year institutions including Columbia College, Concordia University Chicago, East-West University, Franklin University, Illinois Institute of Chicago, Northeastern Illinois University, Robert Morris University Illinois, National Louis University, Midstate College, Loyola University Chicago, DePaul University and Roosevelt University. We are also proud of our high placement rates for students who want to put their MacCormac College degrees to work right away.
- Class sizes designed to help students thrive. At MacCormac College, class sizes are small enough so professors get to know students. This allows for more one-on-one attention and hands-on learning opportunities that can help give our graduates the edge they need.
- More than just academics. We also offer a number of student organizations and clubs designed to help students grow and thrive as members of our college community.
Who Should Consider MacCormac College?
We are proud of our diverse student body, made of students who see the incredible value MacCormac College’s two-year degree programs in Chicago provide.
While many of our students are first-time college students pursuing their associate degrees, we also provide exciting court reporting programs in Chicago geared specifically toward working court reporters, including our Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART) and Captioning programs.
Hands-On, Skills-Based Programs
At MacCormac College, we believe a well-rounded education will best position our students for success in their future careers. That’s why our course offerings include program-specific requirements as well as general skills-based curriculum. To graduate, students must demonstrate competency in communications, critical thinking and interpersonal skills — in addition to meeting the core curriculum for their chosen programs.
Degree-seeking students can choose from five exciting associate degree programs, including:
- Court Reporting: MacCormac College offers certified and accredited programs that can help students pursue exciting careers as court reporters.
- Paralegal Studies: Our ABA-accredited paralegal studies program helps students launch careers as legal secretaries, paralegals or can serve as a springboard to becoming an attorney.
- Criminal Justice: Criminal justice programs in Chicago are continuing to grow in popularity. At MacCormac College, we prepare students for future careers as correctional officers, police officers, security guards, detectives, crime scene investigators and more.
- Business Administration: Our business administration curriculum helps students obtain dynamic jobs working in global companies. Alternatively, students can earn their business administration degree from MacCormac College and transfer into a four-year program to continue their studies.
- Online Business Administration: Students who want to earn a business administration degree from MacCormac College but require flexibility can take their coursework online. This option gives busy adults the same important tools and concepts provided in a traditional classroom setting, preparing them for real-world challenges in business administration.
If you're ready to take the first step toward your future career, contact MacCormac College and apply today.