July 7, 1904: Dr. Morton C. MacCormac and his wife, Mary MacCormac, found MacCormac College. Dr. MacCormac served as President of MacCormac College for 50 years. MacCormac College held its first classes at the Woodlawn National Bank Building in Hyde Park, located near the University of Chicago campus. At that time, many students were enrolled at both institutions and registered for business courses at MacCormac College. MacCormac College begins awarding Junior College Degrees or the equivalent of Associate Degrees.
1912: MacCormac College begins offering the court reporting major and now holds the title of the oldest court reporting college in the United States.
1954: Gordon C. Borchardt becomes President of MacCormac College.
1967: The Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction recognizes the Junior College Degree offered at MacCormac as the equivalent of an Associate Degree.
1973: MacCormac College becomes the first college in Illinois to offer a paralegal studies major.
1976: MacCormac College expands to the western suburbs of Chicago and opens a campus site in Berkeley, Illinois.
1983: The western suburban campus moves from Berkeley, Illinois, to Elmhurst, Illinois.
1992: Jack H. Allen becomes President.
2000: Dr. Edward J. Kies becomes President. In 2001, the Chicago campus moves to the second and third floors of the Heyworth Building at 29 E. Madison Street, the historic Heyworth Building built in 1904. The building was designed by Frederick P. Dinkelberg, an important architect, working for one of the largest and most influential architectural firms in the United States in the early 1900s, Daniel Burnham and Company. Other buildings by Dinkelberg include the Railway Exchange Building in Chicago and New York's Flatiron Building.
2002: The Elmhurst Campus building (25,000 sq. ft.) and property (7 acres) are sold to the Elmhurst Park District. They take possession of the building and property in June 2003 for expansion of Berens Park. MacCormac College's campus is consolidated at 29 East Madison Street, Chicago.
2003: Dr. Leo Loughead becomes President.
2004: MacCormac College celebrates its centennial on July 7th, marking 100 years of growth and educational excellence.
2005: MacCormac College is reaccredited by the Higher Learning Commission, a commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, for a period of ten years.
2011: Dr. Marnelle Alexis Stephens is appointed by the Board of Trustees as the sixth president of MacCormac College. Under President Alexis’ leadership the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA) approves MacCormac College’s day and night judicial reporter machine shorthand education program for a period of five years, and MacCormac establishes new associate degree programs in Criminal Justice and Entrepreneurship.